Mahie Gill: I don't think I can run a film as a solo actor [Exclusive]

"I think it's all destiny, I don't blame anybody. If they became stars, they did so with sheer hard work to reach there. I don't want stars to stop being there. I look up to all these actors, there's a lot you could learn from their hard work. Fine, outsiders take more time (weighing in on the insider vs. outsider debate), but they also work equally hard. It's all destiny. I completely believe in destiny what I had to get, I've got. I never thought in my wildest dreams that people will know me, there'd be awards at my home. So I'm really happy all this has happened, and our industry is beautiful. You're received and kept with so much love here. Even you people (the media) call and praise my roles. You also need to be that marketable I don't think I can run a film as a solo actor, maybe not, I don't know. If you ask common people their favourite actress, my name will never come on their tongue. Har kisiko apni haisyat pata honi chahiye," said Mahie Gill when asked about the star-system in Bollywood and whether it'll begin fading with the surge in OTT platforms.

In an exclusive interview with BollywoodLife, Mahie Gill opens up on her upcoming film, Durgamati, her intense interrogation scenes in the film with co-star Bhumi Pednekar, being typecast as a sensuous heroine in sarees, breaking free from being stereotyped, playing powerful female characters, being discovered by Anurag Kashyap at a wedding before being cast for Dev.D, her film, Door Ke Darshan, getting a second win after its digital release, wonderful actors getting equal opportunity on OTT platforms and the necessity of every actor knowing their value in the industry before comparing themselves with bigger stars.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/2VTlUbw

Latest Posts

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition Warner Bros. has delayed Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and t...