Filmy Friday: When Akshay Kumar revealed why no big directors work with him

Akshay Kumar is one of the most successful actors we have. His track record over the past many years has been absolutely brilliant. And what makes it even more special is that most of his films have been with new directors. In a past interaction, the actor revealed the reason behind it. He said, "I work with new directors because big directors don't take me (in their films). That is the truth."

The actor explained, "When big people don't take you (in their films), you have to start your own journey. If you don't get a job in a big publication, you will go through a smaller one. From there you jump. You cannot just sit at home and wonder why people don't take me (in their films) despite me being so capable."

When asked if there was ever a time when big directors were only interested in working with the Khans, Akshay replied, "They (big directors) went to the people who deserved. You see, it's not that only the Khans were around. There were the Kapoors and the others. I presume I didn't deserve it, so I earned it my way."

He added, "I still don't have big directors (approaching me). They are producing films with me, but they are not directing (me)."

The actor had added that he doesn't guide new directors. "My input is nothing. I am not any kind of guiding force. I have not opened a school. They come, they do their own work. They do a good job, that's why they are with me. Actually, more than anything else, I trust the script and the screenplay. With that, 60% of your job is done. The rest is done by the director," said Akshay.

Interestingly, Akshay's Sooryavanshi is a rare film that is directed by a big director (Rohit Shetty). The film was slated to release in March 2020, but was delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/3gDjsiQ

Latest Posts

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition Warner Bros. has delayed Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and t...