Throwback: When Sara Ali Khan reacted to 'OVERACTING' remark from audience in Love Aaj Kal trailer

Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh's daughter made an impressive debut in 2018 with Kedarnath and Simmba for which she even bagged the Filmfare Award for Best Debut. Later, she featured in Love Aaj Kal opposite Kartik Aaryan, which failed to impress the audience. In fact, she was trolled for doing overacting in the trailer of the film itself. Later, the actress reacted to it and said it affected her a lot.

Talking to Film Companion, the Coolie No 1 actress said, "I don't mind being trolled for being fat. I don't mind if you troll me for wearing a cap. But I am here to act. That is my job. That is my profession. That is serious. So, when I am trolled for that, suddenly, with all the confidence still intact, it is harder for me to sit there and say ignore the trolls. For the first time, it actually kind of hurts. It hit me." The actress defended herself by saying she was aware of her character and added, "We were not allowed to see the monitor. So, I had no idea what it was looking like. I've spoken to Imtiaz sir about this and what's also happened is the fact that I don't look good in that. When it comes to trolling for overacting, I'll be honest with you not only was I acutely aware of what my character had to feel but Imtiaz sir made me feel exactly what Zoe had to feel at in that point of time."

She further said, "That was not a ham shot on our part. I was really crying. I felt like how Zoe would have been feeling at that moment in time. I did what came to me organically at that point in time." Sara Ali Khan pointed out audience's reactions towards an actress' performance and said, "It is not a pretty shot. It is the archetype of the heroine ki rote waqt, marte waqt, khate waqt kuch bhi karo aapko acha lagna chahiye (You should always look good, even when you are crying or eating)."



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/2RLDJLl

Latest Posts

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition Warner Bros. has delayed Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and t...