Tuesday Trivia: Did you know Kareena Kapoor Khan rejected THIS Hrithik Roshan starrer which turned out to be a blockbuster?

Kareena Kapoor Khan is one of the most successful actresses we have in the industry today. And she has been that way since many years now. She's been a part of several hit films like Mujhe Kucch Kehna Hai, Jab We Met, 3 Idiots, Omkara and many more. But there was one film which she rejected and that turned out to be a blockbuster. We are talking about Hrithik Roshan's debut film, Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai.

She spoke about it many years later in an interview with Rajeeev Masand. She had said that it was her decision. "Honestly, at that time nobody really calculated, and nobody really knew whether it was my parents, my mother, or me -- I don't know if anybody weighed pros and cons. It was just what I thought was right. There was never really that kind of calculation. I also believe in destiny; what's meant to happen is going to happen," said the actress.

She went on to add, "Of course, I went on to do so many films with Hrithik after that. We did like four or five films together, and I think that Refugee was just perfect. I got a chance to be slightly non-commercial. I somehow felt that it was more suited for me at that time."

But it seems there was more to it. In an interview to The Quint, director Rakesh Roshan had said that there were some differences between himself and Kareena's mother, actor Babita. It seems she was interfering. "Kareena's mother Babita, who I have a lot of respect for, said, 'Don't begin with a song, she's not ready. Start with dialogues'," the filmmaker had recalled.

He also said, "Babita was a little adamant about it. So I said, 'This way I cannot work because tomorrow you might say, don't do this, don't do that. I think it's better we part ways because we are good friends.' So we parted ways."

As you know, Ameesha Patel was roped in to play the lead role and the rest is history.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/3cwsC0e

Latest Posts

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition Warner Bros. has delayed Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and t...