Happy birthday, Varun Sharma: You'll never guess who's the first person from Bollywood to always wish the Chhichhore actor [Exclusive]

Today is Varun Sharma's birthday. The Fukrey, Chhichhore and FryDay actor turns 31 years old. So, to make the friendly celeb even more accessible to his fans, we decided to get in touch with him for a heart-to-heart conversation. In this freewheeling chat with BollywoodLife, Varun Sharma reveals a bunch of things from his favourite birthday memories and the one person in Bollywood who's always the first to wish him to reflecting on how the industry has evolved with him, how life has changed post Chhichhore and what are his future projects.

Favorite birthday memory?

"I think every birthday celebration is very special and every year it's a different vibe but I think my last-to-last birthday I was shooting in Amristar and I was celebrating my birthday while I was working there. My hometown in Jalandhar. So, all my childhood school friends, they came down to Amristar and surprised me. I am mostly in touch with all my friends but a few of them also, with whom I had lost contact, came over and I think it was really sweet and special."

How were your birthdays celebrated as a child?

"I think it was very cute, we used to have very basic birthday parties. It usually used to happen at home. For school, I used to carry sweets and chocolates for the entire class. I used to pack them on my own, the previous night. In the eve, mum used to cook, pastries and samosas, kid wearing birthday hats, playing musical chairs and passing the parcel. So, it was really cute and fun."

The one person who always wishes you from the industry?

"A lot of people wish me from the industry but I think Kriti Sanon is always the first one to wish me which is really really sweet. And, I share a really special bond with her. She's a very dear friend and never never forgets my birthday."

The biggest thing you've learned leading up to this birthday?

"A lot of things. I think it's very important to have your personal growth every year. Just be at your work, be focused and keep dreaming because dreams do come true. That's my mantra with every birthday, every year and every second of my life."

As you grow a year older, how do you feel the industry has evolved, too?

"I think yes, of course, the industry has evolved. Right from where I started, coming to Bombay, lots have changed. Big thank to the audience, their perception and relatability factors has played a huge role is the process of evolving of the industry. From aspiration, the genre has shifted to realism. Initially I think it was about aspiration. We saw on the screen what we couldn't see in reality. Now, it's more about realism and connectivity element that has come. Now, a lot of content driven things are made, new concepts are coming out and it's an evolution that is happening."

How has life changed after the blockbuster success of Chhichhore and is Bollywood looking at you now more than an actor with just great comic timing?

"Touchwood, with the grace of God, ofcourse life has changed after Chichhore. The kind of appreciation that the film got, I am very very thankful for that. The industry is definitely looking at me in a different light now. Firstly, I think I'm blessed that people think I am an actor with great comic timing. I feel blessed that I could make people laugh an smile. A lot of different characters and a lot of different genres have started flowing in and I'm looking and exploring for more options."

What's lined up next on the work front?

"There are a lot of things rolling out this year. There's RuhiAfza, then Circus, then Fukrey 3 and a couple of other things. I really hope I can make people laugh and smile and entertain them throughout the year. It's going to be a fun year. So, yes it's going to be a busy 2021."



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/3aAH9pF

Latest Posts

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition Warner Bros. has delayed Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and t...