Tuesday Trivia: Did you know THIS Oscar award winning star auditioned for Leonardo DiCaprio’s role in Titanic but got rejected?

Filmmaker James Cameron's Titanic is one of the most-loved romantic films of all-time. The larger-than-life venture was a visual spectacle and garnered accolades and appreciation apart from becoming one of the biggest blockbusters in the history of cinema. While we can't imagine anyone as Jack and Rose except Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet as their mesmerising chemistry is still fresh in our hearts, you will be surprised a versatile Oscar winning star had auditioned for Leonardo's character and got rejected. Well, he was none another than Matthew McConaughey.

The Interstellar star revealed the incident and told Today.com, "I went and auditioned. I wanted that. I auditioned with Kate Winslet. Had a good audition. Walked away from there pretty confident that I had it. I didn't get it. I never got offered that." With a hilarious touch he added, "As I've said before, not even half-jokingly if it's true, if that was an offer and it didn't come to me, I've got to go back and go, 'I've got to meet in an alley with that agent.'"

James Cameron revealed the reason of casting Leonardo DiCaprio as Jack since women loved him and said on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, "Matthew read for the part and then we met Leo. Leo came in for an interview, and I had this weird thing: I looked around the room and every woman in the building was in the meeting the accountant was there, the female security guard, so I thought maybe I better cast this guy." Well, by going through this story, all we can say is whatever happens, it happens for the good.

Produced by James Cameron and Jon Landau, the film also featured Billy Zane, Kathy Bates, Frances Fisher, Bernard Hill, Jonathan Hyde, Danny Nucci, David Warner and Bill Paxton in key roles.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/2XdBq2C

Latest Posts

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition Warner Bros. has delayed Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and t...