Indoo Ki Jawani: ‘I am an old-world romantic who doesn't buy into the idea of dating apps,’ says Kiara Advani

It's been 6 years since Kiara Advani made her acting debut in the film Fugly. She has since then acted in a number of projects. However, in an interview to Mid-day the actress feels she hasn't arrived yet. She said, "I don't feel I have arrived yet. But I do assume greater responsibility for my films now. There is a sense of confidence instilled in me when I know that a director or producer wants only me in the film. It has taken a long time to get to a phase where I am telling the stories I want to tell. There are directors who are willing to wait for my dates, and I want to live up to their faith in me."

She also said that box-office pressure is not playing on her mind as Indoo Ki Jawani is set to release in theatres. "We need to be practical and not expect too much from its box-office [performance]. The world is not operating the way it did pre-pandemic. So, our sense of normal has shifted, thus effecting a shift in how an actor should be perceived. I hope people watch the film wherever they are comfortable - theatres or on the OTT platform [later]."

Dating apps are not for Kiara. She says, "Indoo is a feisty girl who is set in her ways. She is nothing like me; I am neither opinionated nor judgmental. Her idea of love is also different from mine. I am an old-world romantic who doesn't buy into the idea of dating apps."

However, she narrated an incident about how her best friend found love on a social platform. "But having said that I know a lot of friends (who use dating apps). My own best friend is now married to somebody she met on a dating app. Dating app is another version of Seema aunty and you know whatever works today. I think it is quite cool everybody is very straightforward on a dating app and their intentions are clear. If I was on a dating app my bio would be 'only looking for love'," said the actress.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/371nzSI

Latest Posts

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition Warner Bros. has delayed Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and t...