Rohit Roy reveals the tip Naseeruddin Shah gave him on the first day of Swabhimaan 25 years ago [Exclusive]

Rohit Roy is making his digital debut with Deepak Pandey's series, Paper. It is based on the life of Abdul Karim Telgi, who earned money by printing counterfeit stamp paper in India.

Rohit says that playing such characters give him more satisfaction. He states, "When you play a character who has had a journey of 25 years and it is shown in 8 episodes, there is a lot of homework you need to do. I have always called myself an improv actor. I don't do much homework because I feel it makes my performance more technical and mechanical. But in this case, it was very satisfying to get into the skin of the character. The credit goes to the director who pushed me to do stuff which I have never done before. I'm really satisfied with this journey."

Talking about his preparations, the actor said, "My only preparation is that I read the dialogues at least 50 times before going on the set. Right from childhood, I have become a bookworm. I have been a studious kind of guy so I love reading. I read my scripts so many times that I know dialogues of other actors also by heart."

Rohit also shared an interesting story about meeting Naseeruddin Shah way back in 1995. He said, "In fact, when I started shooting for Swabhimaan, on the first day Naseeruddin Shah had come on the set. I had asked him to give me a tip and he had asked me to read the lines like the back of your mind, so that when you are on set, you can improvise or do whatever you want."

That's quite a simple yet important tip, don't you think?



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/3fi5HWm

Latest Posts

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition Warner Bros. has delayed Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and t...