The Mithali Raj biopic Shabaash Mithu starring Taapsee Pannu in the titular role has got a new director. The film was initially directed by Rahul Dholakia, but he has been now replaced by Bengali filmmaker Srijit Mukherji. On Tuesday, Rahul issued a statement and revealed that he will no longer be part of the team because of scheduling issues. "I won't be directing the fabulous script written by Priya Aven and conceived by Ajit Andhare. Unfortunately, I won't be part of the dream, but I am, and will always be there for them to realize their dream. COVID messed up everyone's schedules, mine was no different. Ajit has a vision and a plan for the film and the way to realize it. I wish him and the team the very best for it."
Take a look at the entire statement here:
Good luck #ShabaashMithu !! And for any further comments on this matter kindly contact @MandviSharma ! Thank you all ! pic.twitter.com/FLHTCMFTnR
rahul dholakia (@rahuldholakia) June 22, 2021
On the other hand, the new director Srijit Mukherji is quite excited to have come on board for Shabaash Mithu. He was quoted by the PTI agency and said, "I was excited since I had first heard of this film being made, and now that I am a part of it I look forward to kick start the journey to bring this exhilarating story to the silver screen soon."
National Award-winning director Srijit is known for some amazing work including Jaatishwar, Chotushkone, Ek Je Chhilo Raja, Gumnami as well as Forget Me Not and Bahrupiya.
Shabaash Mithu is based on the life of the captain of the Indian women's cricket team, Mithali Raj. The shooting of the film has been delayed due to COVID-19 restrictions. The makers are yet to announce a release date.
from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/3gMYekk