When Govinda REJECTED Salman Khan's film because he 'didn't like the story'

The superstar of Bollywood, Govinda ruled the 90s and early 2000s with his slapstick comedy ventures, which were the money-spinners at the box office. But soon after that, we saw his taking a huge halt and he was sitting at home for 4 years before making a comeback in Salman Khan starrer Partner. While once again the actor impressed us with his comic timing, Govinda later rejected a film offered a film by Salman Khan, which was the remake of Marathi venture Shikshanachya Aaicha Gho as he didn't liked the script of the film.

Speaking about his decision, Govinda had told DNA, "Frankly, I did not like the story. The father goes to the Chief Minister when everybody goes against him. But the fact is, he is the one who is at fault to begin with! (The film is about a strict disciplinarian father who canes his child into studying and ignores his passion for cricket.) I know the film was a big hit in Marathi but I do not agree with the concept. No doubt, I am hungry for work now, but it does not mean that I will do something that doesn't touch my heart. Mahesh Manjrekar is a friend and when something good comes, I will work with him. As for Salman, he and I together are good for commercial masala films, not this kind of an 'art' film (laughs)."

Shikshanachya Aaicha Gho, which was directed by Mahesh Manjrekar, featured Bharat Jadhav, Saksham Kulkarni, Gauri Vaidya, Siddharth Jadhav, Kranti Redkar, Vidyadhar Joshi, Vaibhav Mangle, Kamlakar Satpute, Kishore Pradhan, Sandeep Pathak, Vijay Kenkre, Atul Kale, Dhananjay Mandrekar, Rajdev Jamdade and Rajiv Rane in pivotal roles. The film was a box office success and was remade in Tamil, Telugu, Bengali and Punjabi languages as well.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/3hLCQgi

Latest Posts

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition Warner Bros. has delayed Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and t...