Steven Spielberg to Drew Barrymore: I still care about you, always have

Drew Barrymore had worked in filmmaker Steven Spielberg's 1982 sci-fi superhit, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial as a child actor. The filmmaker told actress Drew Barrymore that he still cares about her, and that he always has.

"I still care about you and I always have ever since the first time this little blonde hurricane walked into my office for an audition and took us by storm and then soon took the world by storm," Spielberg told the actress on her talk show, The Drew Barrymore Show.

Barrymore replied, "One of the people that mean the most to me, you've taught me to hold myself accountable, be a good person and that has helped made me feel whole."

She added that she has always thought that every time she does something good or right, she would always think about how Spielberg would think and feel about her "because I live to make you feel proud", she claimed.

"You have made me so proud so consistently for so many decades. Her ET (E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial) interview was the best because she walked into the office. She never once mentioned the movie but immediately brought up the punk band that she was forming," Spielberg said on the show, which airs on Zee Cafe in India.

In a past interview to IANS, Barrymore spoke about being blacklisted at the age of 12. She had saod, "I don't know how I ended up here but I'll never lose sight and I never have lost sight of how lucky I am. I've lost my job. When you are blacklisted at 12 you appreciate every job, I appreciate every job I have."

She had added, "I know what it's like to lose and work for things, and be so lucky and have the opportunities that I have and everything in between."

(With inputs from IANS)



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/3mIkE7Z

Latest Posts

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition Warner Bros. has delayed Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and t...