Anupamaa: THIS TV diva lost the role to Rupali Ganguly for demanding a HIGH fee?

Rupali Ganguly is being loved by millions all over India for her performance as Anupamaa. The actress has caught the pulse of the character to perfection. But it seems like she was not the first choice for the role. A YouTube channel has done a feature on the actresses who were apparently in contention to play the part of Anupamaa Shah. They have said that actress Sakshi Tanwar was one of the prime choices by the makers. But when they took the project to her, they realised that her fee was too high. It would spike the production cost considerably. The other senior actresses who were approached with the part were Shweta Tiwari and Juhi Parmar.

It seems Shweta Tiwari was already busy with Meri Dad With Dulhan and did not wish to quit the project. On the other hand, makers realised that Juhi Parmar did not fit into the role as perfectly as they would have wanted to. It seems like, at one point they have even considered Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya. While the actress is in her mid-30's, she has played mother to grown-up kids in Yeh Hai Mohabbatein. But we guess that all is well when it ends well. Rupali Ganguly is doing a great job. We absolutely adore her on the show.

Rupali Ganguly was known to many as Monisha Sarabhai from Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai. She had told Bombay Times, "I am like Monisha Sarabhai in real life. I like laughing and having fun all the time, and I make sure people around me have fun, too. I like watching lots of television when I have time on my hands. Family for me is my priority and nothing replaces them for me." She is also an activist for stray dogs. She told the paper, "I like to meet the stray animals near my house and also in filmcity (Mumbai) where I shoot for the show. And finally, I would say that I got my due as an actor through 'Anupamaa'."



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/3cimpUt

Latest Posts

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition Warner Bros. has delayed Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and t...