Monish Bahl: Thought I was finished after six flops and decided to become a pilot

Monish Bahl is known for Sooraj Barjatya's Maine Pyar Kiya. The film released in 1989. But did you know the actor thought that his career was over before that? In an interview to Times of India, he revealed, "By the time I got 'Maine Pyar Kiya', not only had I started my career, but also ended it. I thought I was finished after six flops and decided to become a pilot."

He added, "I was working on getting a commercial flying license as I wanted to get a job in the aviation sector. Salman Khan and I bumped into each other quite randomly but became friends almost immediately. He was trying to get into the business of filmmaking back then. When 'MPK' came his way, he recommended my name for the villain's role."

He went on to say, "He asked me if I'd be interested in doing the role, and I agreed. It was tricky for me to do a villain's role back then as I was a flop hero. But any inclination that I had to play a hero was over by then. So I took it on but had never expected that it would be a new lease of life for my career and make me viable even 30 years later. I don't think even Salman had thought about it."

The actor spoke about how Salman encouraged him. "When I agreed to do the role, Salman said, 'Jaake audition kar le'. I was down and out in those days as six films featuring me as a hero had flopped; I'd had no work for two-and-half years. Besides, I was 24 and insecure as I didn't know where I was headed in life."

Speaking about the audition, he said, "But after the test, Raj Babuji came up to me and said, 'We'd like to cast you in this role, but aap Nutanji ke bete hain aur hum unko kya bolenge about casting you in a villain's role?' I assured them that I had her blessings, but he was still apprehensive. I went back and told my mother that I should be getting films because of her and not losing them!"

Well, it's really interesting to know the journeys people have had.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/38amgl7

Latest Posts

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition Warner Bros. has delayed Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and t...