Ranveer Singh visits a theatre as he completes 10 years in films – view pic

It's been 10 years yeas since Ranveer Singh made his debut in Band Baaja Baaraat. To celebrate the milestone, he went to a theatre. He posted a picture on Instagram and wrote, "To commemorate my 10 year milestone in the movies....it was only fitting that I return to the sacred chamber of dreams. it was marvellous."

In an interview with Bombay Times, he spoke about his struggling days. "My struggle period was not easy at all. There was recession going on at that time, and the movie business was not very prolific so, people were making fewer films. Therefore, opportunities for actors were far lesser as compared to today. We didn't even have any of the web, or OTT platforms. So, good opportunities were hard to come by. For close to 3.5 years, I was just groping in the dark, attempting various avenues, trying to get a break, endeavouring to get my foot in the door, doing rounds of various offices with my portfolio, looking for work, but not knowing whether it will ever happen at all," he said.

He also said that he kept pushing himself. "It was very far-fetched for someone in my position to think that I'd get a big opportunity as a performer, to act as a lead [actor] in Hindi films. The chance was one in a million but I still went for it. With the love, blessings, sacrifices and support of my amazing parents, I mustered up the fortitude to keep going. I was hungry and, at times, foolish but also very persistent," stated the actor.

The actor revealed that he almost made his debut in the Akshay Kumar and Anushka Sharma starrer Patiala House. "I was 21 when I started trying my luck and at 24, it worked out for me in a spectacular fashion. I feel those tales are surely memoir-worthy (laughs). I almost debuted in a small role in Patiala House, and nearly did some small budget films that Anurag sir was directly/indirectly affiliated with. Today, both, Nikkhil sir and Anurag sir are probably as astounded as I am about how things started [for me] and how they have worked out," said Ranveer.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/37PnEbl

Latest Posts

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition Warner Bros. has delayed Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and t...