'I am not involved with Hera Pheri 3, I have told the makers that I am not interested,' reveals filmmaker Priyadarshan

Well, it's been quite sometime that we have been hearing the news of Hera Pheri 3 going on the floors. While the film has faced several delays, popular filmmaker Priyadarshan, who delivered comical hits like Bhagam Bhag De Dana Dan, Hungama, Hulchul along with Hera Pheri, has revealed that he is not involved in Hera Pheri 3 as he is not interested in it. The director also went on to say that some people think that he helmed Phir Hera Pheri, which is not true as it was directed by late actor-director Neeraj Vora.

Priyadarshan told Mumbai Mirror, I am not involved with Hera Pheri 3, I have told the makers that I am not interested. A lot of people think I made Part 2 as well, but that too wasn't my film." Talking about his upcoming project, Hungama 2, the filmmaker said, "It's my first sequel and like Hera Pheri, Hungama too is a strong brand," he asserts. The upcoming comedy features Paresh Rawal, Shilpa Shetty, Meezaan Jaaferi and Pranitha Subhash and the director reveals that Paresh plays a husband who is always suspicious of his wife because of the age difference between them. "He thinks that every man is behind her, which leads to a lot of confusion and misunderstanding."

When asked about his film with Akshay Kumar, Priyadarshan replied, "To begin with, I was planning a serious film with Akshay till he pointed out that people would expect a comedy from us. We were to start in December but now it will roll only around September next year. It will be produced by Akshay." Talking about his pan-India project Marakkar: Lion of the Arabian Sea, which stars Mohanlal and Suniel Shetty, he spoke, "I am not worried about the delay. The film has tremendous hype and will bring in the audience whenever it releases, It's my dream film and the biggest challenge was to recreate the 16th century. It's made on a budget of Rs 100 crore, the highest in my career. Half of it is about a naval war and set in the sea. The lead character is the first Indian Naval Commander and I'm happy with the result."



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/376mV6q

Latest Posts

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition Warner Bros. has delayed Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and t...