Ajay Devgn opens up on his 2020: My family life was disrupted; it was a complete mix of emotions

Ajay Devgn gave the biggest hit of the year with Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior. The Bol Bachchan actor reflected on the past year which is coming to end now. In an interview with Hindustan Times, Ajay Devgn also opened spoke about his Tanhaji releasing this year and doing wonders at the box office. Talking about how the year went by, Ajay Devgn said that he cannot think about anything about 2020 and that his personal life was disrupted. For those not in the know, kajol is in Singapore with Nysa Devgn who is staying there. Ajay is staying with Yug and his mother.

"I don't know what to call 2020. You can call it eventful or you can call it uneventful. By the time we adjusted to the lens through which to look at the pandemic, our viewpoints changed. Through the year, I had many reasons to be happy. For example, January gave me Tanhaji, December gave me MayDay (my next directorial). In between, like the global fraternity, I had moments of anxiety and frustration. Work came to a stand through the months of April to October. My family life was disrupted. My daughter, Nysa studies in Singapore so she is away from me. Kajol is with her. My son Yug and I are together with my mother. It was a complete mix of emotions," Ajay said.

Ajay Devgn opened up on the box office success of Tanhaji The Unsung Warrior saying, "I'm ecstatic with the box office of our film. No, I wasn't expecting it to break records. It is my 100th film. In a career spanning 29 years, I have seen so many highs and lows, accolades and brickbats, that I never go into a film thinking it will break records or that it will become a blockbuster. I'm a seasoned player. I do a film because I believe in it. The box office or the bounty that comes is a blessing from my fans, the audience, my parents and the Almighty."

"Coming to the bit on Tanhaji changing the way we as an industry look at historical, I'm proud to have been a part of this magnum opus. When we embarked on it, I knew we had a strong story to tell, good dialogue and a bunch of effective actors. I then combined it with spectacular VFX, done by my company. The idea was to make a film that is visually advanced and tells a story that can tug at your heartstrings. The only thing about a historical is that you need a huge budget because VFX costs a lot of money. It takes away more than a price of two to three solid A-grade actors! Once that bit is sorted, you can set out to make your 3-D epic," he added.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/38G3NvO

Latest Posts

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition Warner Bros. has delayed Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and t...