Kajal Aggarwal on Gautam Kitchlu’s marriage proposal: ‘It was an emotional conversation between us’

As you might be aware, Kajal Aggarwal married businessman Gautam Kitchlu on October 30 in Mumbai. In an interview to Vogue, she spoke about their love story and how Gautam proposed her. "I know it is a very clich d, stereotypical thing to say, because I am from the film industry, but that's exactly how it has happened," said the actress.

She added, "Gautam and I dated for about three years, and then we were friends for seven. We have progressed in every stage of being friends and been very important in each other's lives."

Talking about the proposal, Kajal said, "Gautam is understated when it comes to romance. He's not the filmy sort, and I am grateful for it because I have enough of that in my films. So, it wasn't a proposal with all of the jazz, but it was an extremely heartfelt, emotional conversation between us. He was so authentic about his feelings and the way he expressed how he wanted to have a future with me; I couldn't be more sure about spending my life with him!"

Kajal said that the lockdown made them relalise about being together. She revealed, "We were used to meeting all the time. Whether it was a social party or an important professional endeavour, the other one would always show up. So, amidst the lockdown, when we didn't see each other for a few weeks at best, we would catch a glimpse behind a mask at a grocery store we realised that we wanted to be together."

Revealing how her 'not-so-filmy' beau Gautam proposed her for marriage, Kajal Aggarwal told Vogue, "Gautam is understated when it comes to romance. He's not the filmy sort, and I am grateful for it because I have enough of that in my films. So, it wasn't a proposal with all of the jazz, but it was an extremely heartfelt, emotional conversation between us. He was so authentic about his feelings and the way he expressed how he wanted to have a future with me; I couldn't be more sure about spending my life with him."

In one of her Insta posts, Kajal spoke about their shaadi. "In our Punjabi meets Kashmiri wedding, we just had to include #Jeelakarrabellam - a tribute to both Gautam and my individual relationships with South India! In a Telugu wedding, Jeelakarra Bellam signifies the union/marriage of the bride and the groom. Jeelakarra (cumin) and bellam (jaggery) are made into a thick paste and put on a tamalapaku (betel leaf). The bride and the groom put it on each other's head while the purohit chants mantras from the Vedas. The bride and the groom look at each other only after this ceremony is completed and this auspicious ceremony signifies that the couple will stay together in bitter and sweet times," she wrote.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/2I0l2y2

Latest Posts

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition Warner Bros. has delayed Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and t...