Saqib Saleem on online trolls: If you have the courage, abuse me on my face

Trolling is one of the most gruesome things to do and that to by staying behind the veil of anonymity on social media. A lot of celebs are mercilessly trolled on various social media platforms, be it in comments or replies in tweets or direct messages, there is a lot of hate that is being spread on social media. Saqib Saleem is one of those Hindi film celebs who gets targetted every often. He even quit Twitter in July due to excessive abuse online. Saqib in an interview has now opened up on the same asking them (trolls) to come and abuse him on his face if they have any hatred against him.

In an interview with Hindustan Times, the actor opened up on quitting social media due to the hate. "If I could, I would quit all social media platforms because it's full of filth." He also opened up on how social media has changed from what it used to be. "When these networking platforms came into existence, they were made to connect people, their ideologies. I just watched the film, Social Dilemma, which talks about how when Facebook was launched, people found organ donors and it united long lost friends. Look what has become of it now," the Mere Dad Ki Maruti actor told the portal.

Elaborating on the same, he challenged the trolls to abuse him on his face. "When you are behind a computer screen and your real identity is not there, all you do is abuse people. I am from Delhi and I want to say to all these people, 'If you have the courage, abuse me to my face.' These are the same people who will be the first ones to run to meet celebrities if they spot them. I feel we interpret freedom of expression in a very wrong manner. Freedom of expression doesn't mean I can abuse people, it means I can share my point of view. You are allowed to share your point of view, I am open to any sort of criticism but don't abuse my mother, sister. What kind of criticism is this?" the actor said.

"You are not even real, you have hidden your identity behind a computer screen. The day you find courage, come and abuse on my face. If you are real, come in the real world," he added. Saqib believes in sorting out problems by talking but abusing online is not going to help. "I was sitting one day and read a few messages and I replied that 'okay, let's meet up and we can talk. I will sort it out for you. Whatever grouses you have, tell me.' Anything can be sorted if you actually want to sort it out. But if are already so full of angst and hate, how will you change then!" he said before signing off.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/3daqFoW

Latest Posts

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition Warner Bros. has delayed Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and t...