Rishi Kapoor death anniversary: Randhir Kapoor reminiscences his bond with the legendary actor; reveals he drops by to meet Neetu Kapoor, Ranbir and Riddhima

It's been a year today that we lost legendary actor Rishi Kapoor. It was not his time to go but his battle with cancer had taken a toll on his health considerably. The 102 Not Out actor had been hospitalized after complaining about breathing issues. Eventually, Rishi Kapoor succumbed to his ailing health. Tragic times for the family and the world of entertainment. Ahead of his first death anniversary, Randhir Kapoor had spoken about his bond with his brother, Chintu and Chimpoo (Rajiv Kapoor), both of whom he lost last year.

While talking to Times of India, Randhir Kapoor recalled the troubled times that the family faced last year. He said, "The last year has been a very sad time in my life. 'Sad' is really a modest word here; 'worst' would be apt. In a matter of 10 months, I lost both my darling brothers- Chintu (Rishi Kapoor) and Chimpoo (Rajiv Kapoor). Also, I lost my mother (Krishna Kapoor) and sister (Ritu Nanda) in the last two-and-a-half years. We--my three brothers and two sisters--were extremely close to each other. Chintu, Chimpoo, and I interacted with each other every day. Chimpoo lived with me and Chintu either came to the office on the days that he wasn't shooting or spoke to me on the phone. We didn't need anybody when we three were together. We were a very happy circus by ourselves. We were a robust crowd! All that is over. There's not a single day that I don't think about them. One year may have passed but there's not a single day that I don't think about them. Life will never be the same again."

It was said that when very young, Randhir Kapoor, Rishi Kapoor and their other siblings would fight for the window seat in the car. When prodded on the memory, the Jawaani Deewani actor said, "Oh yes, that could be. All children fight over the window seat. I wish life rolls back and we get those days again. As for my equation with Chimpoo, he was just like my son; he was 15 years younger than me. He had a house in Pune but most of the time, he was in Mumbai. I just wish them well. I hope they are happy wherever they are and in whichever form."

Randhir Kapoor also shared that he would visit Neetu Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor and also added that he feels sorry for them as they lost him so early in life. "Yes, I do. They are family to me. I feel sorry for them. Neetu lost a loving husband, and Ranbir and Riddhima, a loving father. It is good that Neetu went on to do a film ('Jug Jugg Jeeyo'); she kept herself busy," he told the portal. The actor also said that despite their differences in opinion, they were a very close-knit family. He revealed that they would always be in touch and never once stopped talking due to the same. He said, "Never. We were brought up as a close-knit family. If you look at the picture of the Christmas party, which is taken at Shashi Kapoor's son Kunal's house, X'mas party is hosted still in exactly the same way as his mother held; it gives you ample idea of how close our family has been. And I give the credit for that to my grandmother (Prithviraj Kapoor's wife, Ramsarni Kapoor) and mother (Krishna). Nothing, including money, was 'yours' and 'mine', it was 'ours'. Our mom and dad passed away, we didn't fight, when we sold RK Studios, we didn't fight. There have never been any fights in the Kapoor family. We are close to even our cousins-like the way Rishi's children and mine interact with Shashi and Shammi's children."

Furthermore, he shared sweet memories of his beloved brothers saying, "'Which Chinese restaurant should we go, tonight?' that was the line, which was so often said between us. If anybody recommended any Chinese restaurant to us, we would invariably land up there ASAP. We would invariably eat Chinese food when we dined together. We would even go to the Grand Maratha hotel for Chinese food at 1 am. The connoisseurs employ special chefs; Rishi and I both have them. Whoever was employed by my mom and dad is still with me."

It is known that Rishi Kapoor would drink a lot. When asked about whether they would get high together, Randhir Kapoor said, "Several times! And when we were talking to each other fondly, people around us felt that we were fighting. But we didn't mind that we thought it was a part of the game. We three were typical Punjabis who were loud, boisterous. I miss those days so much!"

For the unversed, yesterday, Randhir Kapoor was hospitalized as he was tested positive for COVID-19. He is stable and under observation.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/3aLEevd

Latest Posts

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition Warner Bros. has delayed Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and t...