Kate Winslet says same sex scenes with Saoirse Ronan in Ammonite got more attention

Kate Winslet, who played a paleontologist in the film Ammonite, said people focused a lot on her sex scenes with co-star Saoirse Ronan. She seemed to be surprised with the kind of attention they got. Kate told Digital Spy, "I'm telling you with my hand on my heart, I have never been asked the same volume of questions about love scenes of a heterosexual nature, of which I have shot many in my life. And so that to me -- that's a conversation."

The Oscar-winning actress didn't shy away from talking about it. "I didn't feel, 'Oh, God, let me get away from the talking about the sex scenes and come back to that!' but what I definitely found really striking is that people seem to talk about the love scenes in the film in ways that are much more focused, because it's two women," stated Kate.

She hoped that the way audiences view LGBTQ people and their relationships is normalised. "You know, there's no shame around this, it's just two women who love each other. And for me, I really hope that that contributes to the evolution and progression of how audiences view LGBTQ people and their relationships just by normalizing it completely," Kate said.

As you might be aware, Winslet became a household name at the age of 21 after the success Titanic that cast her as Leonardo DiCaprio's romantic lead. In a podcast WTF, the actress has spoken about the aftermath of her breakout role in her personal life, dailymail.co.uk reported. "I went into self-protective mode right away (after 'Titanic' came out)," Winslet said, adding, "It was like night and day from one day to the next. I was subject to a lot of personal physical scrutiny, I was criticised a lot and the British press were quite unkind to me."

"I went into self-protective mode right away (after 'Titanic' came out). It was like night and day from one day to the next. I was subject to a lot of personal physical scrutiny, I was criticised a lot and the British press were quite unkind to me," Kate had said.

(With inputs from IANS)



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/2QGsBP7

Latest Posts

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition Warner Bros. has delayed Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and t...