Tabu calls her A Suitable Boy costar Ishaan Khatter 'a bundle of energy'; says, 'His greatest strength is his desire to learn and to grow'

The versatile actress of Bollywood, Tabu, who recently completed 30 years in the entertainment industry, made her OTT debut with Mira Nair's A Suitable Boy. While the audience lauded the plot and star performances, Tabu praised her costar Ishaan Khatter and called him a bundle of energy. Talking to Filmfare, the Drishyam actress said, "The very talented Ishaan is a bundle of energy. His greatest strength is his desire to learn and to grow, to apply his mind and to excel in his work. I'm sure these qualities will propel him to good places in his journey."

Speaking about her reunion with Mira Nair after Namesake, the actress added, "Fate brought Mira and me together after 14 long years, after our much-loved project, Namesake. A Suitably Boy has been well received both in the UK and in India. I always jokingly tell her that we are a 'hit pair'. Mira and I have a special bond. Her being the person she is, it is easy to just pick up from where we left off. There is something so strongly unchanging about her that it feels dependable. It took me two years from the time she offered me the role to me agreeing to do it. But once that was done, it was exciting from the word 'go'. Because I know a role that Mira offers me will most definitely suit me and will be something we will enjoy working on together. Plus, Saeeda Bai was so starkly different from Ashima (my character in Namesake), that it was interesting to try it with the same director."

Sharing her feelings about completing 3 decades in the industry, Tabu asserted, "I am thankful for the 30 years that I have had in this industry and for getting the opportunity to do such versatile roles with such wonderful actors and directors. Talking about changes in me, I don't know. Looking back at all this time, I can say that there's surely more clarity within myself and I know the importance and the reasoning behind choosing a particular project."



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/2X6RK5l

Latest Posts

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition Warner Bros. has delayed Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and t...