Priyanka Chopra regrets endorsing fairness creams in the past; says, 'I believed that dark skin was not pretty'

Priyanka Chopra's memoir, Unfinished will release in February and as the book inches closer to the date, Priyanka Chopra has been sharing some deets from the book. The Dil Dhadakne Do actress has compiled some observations, personal essays and stories from her two-decade-long career in the world of entertainment. And one such topic that Priyanka talks about in Unfinished. The Sky Is Pink actress shared that she does regret endorsing fairness creams back in the past. Priyanka opened up in her memoir how endorsing fairness creams and products.

Talking about the same, the Bajirao Mastani actress said, "[Skin lightening] was so normalized in South Asia; it's such a large industry that everyone was doing it. In fact, doing it is still a check [mark] when you are a female actor, but it's awful. And it was awful for me, for a little girl who used to put talcum-powder cream on my face because I believed that dark skin was not pretty."

Priyanka Chopra had earlier addressed the same issue back in 2015 when Barkha Dutt had asked her about it. "I felt really bad about it, that's why I stopped doing it," the Barfi actress had said. "All my cousins are gora-chitta (fair) I was the one who turned out dusky because my dad is dusky. Just for fun, my Punjabi family would call me 'kaali, kaali, kaali'. At 13, I wanted to put fairness creams and wanted my complexion changed," Priyanka had added.

Talking about Unfinished, the book is all set to release on 9th February 2021. It will see Priyanka Chopra talking about her childhood, racism that she faced as a student in the US, winning Miss India and Miss World pageants, her tryst in Bollywood and Hollywood and the obstacles she faced in the world of entertainment alongside the many triumphs.

Are you excited to read Priyanka Chopra's memoir? Let us know by tweeting @bollywood_life.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/39k2wMC

Latest Posts

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition Warner Bros. has delayed Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and t...