Irrfan Khan birth anniversary: Director Tigmanshu Dhulia recalls his first meeting with the actor; says, 'I was blown away by his craft'

It's Irrfan Khan's birth anniversary and while we are seeing fans and members of the fraternity sharing their memories about the Piku star, his friend and filmmaker Tigmanshu Dhulia recalled his first meeting with the late actor and told E Times, "I knew a boy studying at NSD and he had called me in to see a play, Fujiyama. That's the first time I saw Irrfan and Sutapa Sikdar in action and was impressed with all that I saw. Since there weren't too many students in the institution at that time, I had a chance to acquaint myself with Irrfan, who was a shy, introverted guy. He lived in one of the smallest rooms in one of those corners of the hostel building and wouldn't share it with anyone. Sutapa was his girlfriend then. She was into direction and he was into acting. When I saw them display their craft, I was blown away by what I saw. Towards the end of his term in the institution, we had started bonding over our love for certain actors, cinema, and storytellers."

Talking about his first collaboration with Irrfan said, "A channel was being launched in 1993. This show was a collaboration, which included Irrfan, Saurabh Shukla, Sanjay Mishra, and Manoj Bajpayee among others. That was the first time I directed Irrfan. He played a drama school teacher and the show was loosely based on the life we had seen at the NSD."

He added, "Irrfan and I were talking about doing something together but he had a string of commitments to fulfill. By the time those were completed, Irrfan was diagnosed with the ailment. I guess what we had spoken about will stay deep inside my heart for as long as I breathe." Irrfan Khan was last seen in Angrezi Medium, which was directed by Homi Adajania.



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/3s4YWxg

Latest Posts

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition

Aquaman 2 Delay Saves The Movie By Avoiding Its Biggest Competition Warner Bros. has delayed Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and t...